Friday, October 14, 2011

He Hears Me

A Baptist friend of mine would always say: “I love how God is big enough to create the universe, but small enough to paint a sunrise.”
In my opinion, the knowledge that God is more than just our creator, but literally our Father in Heaven, is one of the most beautiful aspects of the gospel. Isn’t that an incredible concept? An all-powerful being having personal interest in my life.

It has always amazed me how God created countless galaxies of stars and worlds without number; He is the creator of universes! But somehow this all-powerful being listens to a prayer from a little child, asking for help to find a lost toy. He hears the prayer of a young man asking for advice in a decision he needed to make. He saw the tears of a homesick missionary, thousands of miles from the home he knew, and the family he loved. Somehow, all these little experiences matter to our Heavenly Father. He hears each individual pray and answers them with heavenly guidance and comfort. It’s the love of a Father watching over His child.

Throughout my life, I have come to love prayer in a deep and personal way. It doesn’t matter where I am in the world; on top of the highest mountain or at the bottom of the deepest ocean. It doesn’t matter the language I speak or even if I can only voice the thoughts of my heart; He hears me.

As I write this, I look around the library here on CNU campus. I am surrounded by dozens of Chinese college students absorbed in their studies. As I pause a moment and look into the faces of these children of God, I somehow feel a love for them that I can’t explain. God knows and loves them personally; each and every one of them. I reflect on how we would treat others differently if we would only choose to see each other as God does. There is not one child He does not love and desperately hope that they will return back to His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment