Sometimes you just need to take out of your busy schedule and spend time with those who mean the most to you. My sister and I have been planning all week to spend the day together, and it was a lot of fun! It is amazing how crazy life can be sometimes, and it just felt good to finally have time to spend one-on-one together. It reminds me of something my Grandma Sandy said to me in a letter while I was on my mission: “If you always wait until you have time, you never get it done. That is why I am making time!”
On our way to the subway, we ran into a lady selling cardigans on the street for only ¥15 each (about $2.33 U.S.). We weren’t in a big hurry, so my sister took a few moments to look through them and pick out a few she liked. The funny thing about these people selling things on the street, is that most don’t have licenses to do so. My sister had just picked out three when the police showed up. You would be amazed how quickly these people are able to pack up and get out of there… I know I was. And under these conditions, these street merchants are a lot more willing to negotiate the price. As all the other street dealers are bundling up their goods and taking off down the street, this lady is anxiously pressuring us to quickly pay her the money. When I demanded a lower price she tried to refuse, but looking up the street at the approaching police car, she acquiesced; selling us all three for only ¥30.
No comments:
Post a Comment